1. Learn to write good grammatical sentences
2. Learn to make corrections to own writing instead of the teacher always
3. Use correct sentences to create a strong essay
4. Use writing for many purposes-correspondence, business, getting
5. Learn to do easy research to find evidence for what you write
6. Learn to use evidence to backup what you write
7. Write essays that are interesting to the reader
Take reading strategies with this class. Being a good writer means having
creative and interesting ideas to write about. Reading can help the student to
develop these ideas.
Many students think English is about speaking well. Speaking well is important but writing well is also very important. Writing is used when there is no face to face communication. There are many situations like this. For example, emailing, writing to get information, and so on.